Monday, February 13, 2006

meme

I've been tagged by librarychik!

Four jobs I've had in my life:
  • Mapping a cemetery and transferring the records to computer (actually one of my favourite jobs ever... cemeteries are really nice places to spend a summer afternoon)
  • Pumping gas and manning the till at a gas station/hardware store (my least favorite job ever)
  • harvesting cut flowers for export in New Zealand
  • library assistant at a medical research foundation
Four places I've lived:
  • Sherbrooke, Quebec (on a three-month exchange; my twin and her family were really nice)
  • Saskatoon, Saskatchewan
  • Tauranga, New Zealand (this was only for three months, but I had a job, so it wasn't just a vacation)
  • Edmonton, Alberta
Four websites I visit daily:
Four places I have been on vacation:
  • Grand Turk, Turks and Caicos Islands
  • The Cook Islands
  • Vancouver, Whistler, Victoria, Vancouver Island (that was a marathon week, and I took the bus there from Saskatchewan. Longest car ride ever)
  • Rivière-du-Loup, Quebec (this was for a 1.5 month French Immersion program, so technically I was supposed to be going to school and doing work, but considering the amount of goofing off that was accomplished, I think this counts as a vacation)

Four of my favorite foods:
  • PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA
  • Thai Food, yum!
  • Calamari at Alexander's in Saskabush
  • Lemon Meringue Pie

Four places I'd rather be:
  • France
  • The UK comes a close second to France
  • Australia
  • New Zealand

Four albums/artists I can't live without:
This is a tough one for me since I listen to such a wide range of music. I also tend to have a "flavour of the month", but these are the albums/artists that stick out in my mind as being the most influential over the years.
  • The Mamas and the Papas, Greatest Hits (Dream a little Dream of Me)
  • Classical Music (Beethoven (love Moonlight Sonata), Gustav Holst (The Planets Suite: Jupiter), Tchaikovsky's Nutcracker Suite, and various others too numerous to mention)
  • Aerosmith (I really like Pink, Jaded, Amazing, and Blind Man)
  • New Kids on the Block (Yes, yes I know. But they were really important to me when I was eleven. My friends and I were kind of obsessed with them. I had all of their albums, my bedroom walls were papered in posters of them, I had t-shirts, books, videos, keychains, earrings, slippers, and the pièce de résistance: a Joe doll. Joe and Barbie actually made a very nice couple. Besides, whether you admit it or not, I think some of their songs were kind of catchy.)

Four Vehicles I've Owned:
  • La bête bleue: The beast himself, a 1991 sky blue GMC Tracker
  • A Honda Prelude, sun roof and CD player, it was Sooooo nice (it's what I drove in New Zealand, so the steering wheel was on the right and everything, and it handled so nicely on those curvy Kiwi roads...)
  • That's it! I've never owned any other cars. Though I do enjoy driving my mom's Dodge Ram 2500 when I'm at home. That thing is a tank.

Four people I'm tagging:
  • I'm only tagging one person: Puddleglum. Maybe she'll get off her ass and write something. But I suppose she is writing her thesis. I am minorly sympathetic.

No comments: