Today we're taking a break from France to answer a meme posted by Ash.
1. FIRST NAME? Violette
2. ARE YOU NAMED AFTER ANYONE? Actually, my real name is after someone, a character in a book, but if I told you which book, it would give away my real name. And then I'd have to kill you.
3. WHEN DID YOU LAST CRY? I honestly don't remember. Not to give you the impression that I never cry. I do, and I'm sure I have sometime in the past month, but I don't remember when or why.
4. DO YOU LIKE YOUR HANDWRITING? Yes, it's very loopy and neat and I get compliments on it all the time. But I worked hard to get it like that. When I was in elementary school, all the other girls had neat handwriting, and I was all jealous because mine was only marginally more legible than some of the boys.
5. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE LUNCH MEAT? Pastrami, black forest ham... lunch meat is good in general if it's on a sandwich with mayo, lettuce, tomatoe and cheese.
6. KIDS? Two cats.
7. IF YOU WERE ANOTHER PERSON WOULD YOU BE FRIENDS WITH YOU? I totally would. Then I'd have someone to play supernintendo with.
8. DO YOU HAVE A JOURNAL? Off and on since I was a kid. Right now my journal is my blog.
9. DO YOU USE SARCASM A LOT? Yes, I sometimes have quite the caustic wit.
10. DO YOU STILL HAVE YOUR TONSILS? Yes.
11. WOULD YOU BUNGEE JUMP? I don't know. Maybe, if I had someone with me who tried really hard to convince me. I'd probably like it once I did it.
12. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE CEREAL? Right now it's Oatmeal Crisp the three berry flavour.
13. DO YOU UNTIE YOUR SHOES WHEN YOU TAKE THEM OFF? Yes.
14. DO YOU THINK YOU ARE STRONG? Physically not so much, mentally I like to think so.
15. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE ICE CREAM? I love ice cream in general. I don't know if I have a favourite, though I tend to gravitate towards caramel and butterscoth flavours.
16. SHOE SIZE? 9
17. RED OR PINK? Red.
18. WHAT IS YOUR LEAST FAVORITE THING ABOUT YOURSELF? I have an annoying habit of not finishing what I start.
19. WHO DO YOU MISS THE MOST? Friends who don't live near me anymore.
20. DO YOU WANT EVERYONE TO SEND THIS BACK TO YOU? I really don't care.
21. WHAT COLOR OF PANTS AND SHOES ARE YOU WEARING RIGHT NOW? Jean shorts, no shoes, just very dirty feet (from jumping on the trampoline).
22. WHO IS YOUR FAVORITE WRITER/BOOK/MOVIE (at the moment, anyway)? Okay, I definitely stress AT THE MOMENT: Writer: Libba Bray; Book: Rebel Angels; Movie: Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire. (I too like Holly Black, and Valiant is on my list of books to read, so maybe fav writer/book will change again soon. I loved Tithe. Such a gritty, urban faerie tale.)
23, WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO RIGHT NOW? The sound of the wind sighing through the trees outside my window.
24. IF YOU WERE A CRAYON WHAT COLOR WOULD YOU BE? Violet (duh)
25. WHAT ARE YOUR FAVORITE SMELLS? Books, baking, rain
26. WHO WAS THE LAST PERSON YOU SPOKE ON THE PHONE WITH? Grandpa.
27. THE FIRST THING YOU NOTICE ABOUT PEOPLE YOU ARE ATTRACTED TO? I'm not sure. Some combination of looks and personality. I don't think it's any one thing.
28. DO YOU LIKE THE PERSON WHO SENT THIS TO YOU? Yes, Ash is a lovely person.
29. FAVORITE DRINK? Chocolate Milk or Iced Tea.
30. FAVORITE SPORT? I'm not really a sport person, but I'd have to pick the only sport that I have ever enjoyed playing and been good at: Inner Tube Water Polo.
31. HAIR COLOR? Brown.
32. EYE COLOR? Blue.
33. DO YOU WEAR CONTACTS? Yes. But I'm annoyed with both my glasses and contact lenses right now and am saving up for eye surgery.
34. FAVORITE FOOD? Normally I would say pizza, but I'm kind of sick of it right now. I think maybe zucchini pie.
35. SCARY MOVIES OR HAPPY ENDING? Happy endings. Scary movies always seem like a good idea at the time, but the aftermath (i.e. me not being able to sleep with the lights off for a week) is just too costly.
36. LAST MOVIE YOU WATCHED? Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest. (I saw it twice: once in London and once back home in Saskatchewan. Johnny Depp and Orlando Bloom in the same movie? That never gets old.)
37. COLOR OF SHIRT YOU ARE WEARING? Blue and white stripes
38. WINTER OR SUMMER? They both have their merits. Over all though, I think I prefer Summer. I hate driving in the winter.
39. HUGS OR KISSES? Hugs, but it does depend on who's giving them out.
40. FAVORITE DESSERT? Ooh. Sex in a pan is good. I also like cheesecake.
41. WHO IS MOST LIKELY TO RESPOND? Don't know, don't care.
42. LEAST LIKELY TO RESPOND? See above.
43. WHAT BOOKS ARE YOU READING? Rebel Angels, by Libba Bray. It's really good YA lit for girls, about magic and set in Victorian England. Rebel Angels is the sequel, the first is called A Great and Terrible Beauty. They're good, and I just found out that they're supposed to be made into a movie. Is it just me or is there a lot of teen/children's fiction being made into movies? How to Eat Fried Worms is coming out like, this week or something. Come on people, let them read the books! They're always so much better anyway.
44. WHAT IS ON YOUR MOUSE PAD? I don't have one.
45. FAVORITE SOUNDS? Wind in the trees, my cat talking to me.
46. WHAT DID YOU WATCH ON TV LAST NIGHT? I didn't watch TV last night.
47. ROLLING STONES OR BEATLES? Beatles. I have never gotten the big deal about the Stones.
48. THE FURTHEST YOU'VE BEEN FROM HOME? Ummmm. I think that would be New Zealand.
49. DO YOU HAVE A SPECIAL TALENT? I have many special talents.
50. WHEN AND WHERE WERE YOU BORN? Swift Current, Saskatchewan, 1980.