Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Signs of Spring...

I was at my parents' this weekend, and it was absolutely beautiful. After the horrid Winter That Wouldn't End, Spring finally made an appearance. Of course, as I type this, it is once again snowing outside... but I have confidence that this snow will be short-lived. I always love it when Spring comes. For some reason, I always feel happy for no reason, other than that I can finally go outside sans boots and parka, and I don't have to plug my car in every night just so it will start in the morning.

Spring can be a particularly spectacular sight at my family's farm. I am always amazed when the landscape can go from this:
Snowbanks

To this:
Field under water

Here are some other lovely Spring-y water-y pics:

Flooded Field

Tree in Water

Spring Runoff

Spring in the Valley
Bridge? What Bridge?

2 comments:

LilyMab said...

Wow - that looks awesome! I am a fan of spring as well - I get to wear my bright yellow wellies! Hurrah!

librarychik said...

Great pics, I still want to come visit someday. My dad's farm was like that too. And then the migratory birds would stop for a visit on their way up north.

I want bright yellow wellies tooooo!

:)