Monday, June 27, 2005

How to Love an INTP

Ahhhh yes. The Myers-Briggs personality type. I always enjoy these self-assessment tools. I am an INTP. So what does that mean?

"People of this type tend to be: quiet, independent, and private; logical and unemotional; creative, ingenious, and innovative, global thinkers; curious and driven to increase their competence; casual, and adaptive; nonconforming and unpredictable.
The most important thing to INTPs is their privacy and the opportunity to solve complex problems in unique ways." --From PersonalityType.com

How to love me:
  • Respect my privacy and independence.

  • Appreciate my competencies and wealth of creative ideas.

  • Encourage me to spend time alone.

  • Don't talk too much or force an emotional conversation before I'm ready.

  • Try not to nag me about being messy or meeting deadlines.

  • Above all - give me plenty of space to pursue my interests in depth and time to think things through.

1 comment:

librarychik said...

Hey there, I am an ENFP apparently. I blogged about it over on swimming in it.

Very cool, thanks for sharing,
ciao