Monday, June 27, 2005

How to Love an INTP

Ahhhh yes. The Myers-Briggs personality type. I always enjoy these self-assessment tools. I am an INTP. So what does that mean?

"People of this type tend to be: quiet, independent, and private; logical and unemotional; creative, ingenious, and innovative, global thinkers; curious and driven to increase their competence; casual, and adaptive; nonconforming and unpredictable.
The most important thing to INTPs is their privacy and the opportunity to solve complex problems in unique ways." --From PersonalityType.com

How to love me:
  • Respect my privacy and independence.

  • Appreciate my competencies and wealth of creative ideas.

  • Encourage me to spend time alone.

  • Don't talk too much or force an emotional conversation before I'm ready.

  • Try not to nag me about being messy or meeting deadlines.

  • Above all - give me plenty of space to pursue my interests in depth and time to think things through.

2 comments:

librarychik said...

Hey there, I am an ENFP apparently. I blogged about it over on swimming in it.

Very cool, thanks for sharing,
ciao

JB said...

These personality types are interesting, aren't they? I'm an INFJ, which fits me pretty well.