Thursday, January 21, 2010

The Return of M. Squirrel

M. Squirrel has been making an appearance at my bird feeder every morning between 8:30 and 9:00 am. I usually get to sit and watch him fill his face as I'm brushing my teeth. Here's a photo of the greedy little bugger as he pilfers some more sunflower seeds.

M. Squirrel

Now my cats have pretty much gotten used to M. Squirrel. There will be minor interest when he first shows up, but after about 30 seconds, the kittehs are like, "Oh, it's just that stupid squirrel again," and then they just roll over and go back to sleep.

But, a few weeks after M. Squirrel started his raids, finally some actual birds clued in, and I now have a chickadee and two nuthatches that are regulars at the feeder. Like I said, my cats are pretty apathetic about the squirrel these days, but, as you can see, the birds are another story:


Kittehs

The birds are, for some reason, infinitely more entertaining than the squirrel. I guess cause they're small and make quick darting flights. They say "prey" to my kittehs more than a fat squirrel.

No comments: